Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Home foot soak

I just did a home foot soak. It's been awhile since I've had a professional pedicure, and since I have 3 kids at home, I can't just go get one during the day. So I decided to try the mouthwash/vinegar foot soak that I've been seeing online. I Googled some "recipes" and after reading all the variations, I decided to tweak it to make it easy to remember:

2 cups mouthwash (I used Listerine Original)
2 cups vinegar
4 cups water

I soaked my feet for 10 minutes and didn't see anything in the water. My feet are pretty well taken care of so I wasn't expecting to see anything major, but I had read some people had a lot of dead skin floating around. Ew. So then I took my foot scrubber thingy and scrubbed all my rough spots. I did both feet and then noticed my pinky toe. The cuticle was kind of sticking up. I was able to just rub it off with my finger. WOW. So I just went over all the areas that looked like the skin was loose and rubbed it a little. Sometimes all it took was my finger but in a few stubborn spots, I needed the pumice stick. At the end I did see that the water had dead skin in it, but it was so fine I didn't notice it at first. That combined with what I sloughed off was not pretty. Blech.

After I dried my feet, they felt cool, probably from the mouthwash, but it definitely felt good! When I was putting lotion on my feet, I noticed that they were really soft! I am pretty impressed with this soak, and I think if I do this regularly my feet will be in pretty good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment