Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homemade Raviolis!

See, I told you I was going to be horrible at this blogging thing :) But I also promised to post things I thought you would enjoy. I made some homemade (ok, well "homemade" since I didn't make the pasta from scratch) raviolis that the family really enjoyed. Hopefully yours will too!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup frozen spinach (thawed and water squeezed out)
1/2 cup white kidney (cannellini) beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
2 T shredded parmesean cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic clove
1 pkg won ton wrappers (we like the thick ones, but you can use any kind you like)

Combine ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth (1-2 minutes).
Place about 1/2 tsp of filling on the won ton wrapper.
Wet edges and fold in half and press edges to seal.
Boil gently for about 2 minutes. We take them out when they are floating, but it will depend on how you like it cooked.

You can eat as is, with parmesean cheese sprinkled on top, or serve with your favorite sauce. The kids love this and so do mom & dad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment